Welcome to Boy Scout Troop 62 scouting for 80 great years!
Our troop welcomes all boys, ages 11-17, who want to follow the Eagle Trail. Boys can join Scouting at any time, regardless of their background or experience.
If you're interested in the Scouting program, please feel free to come to our meetings, contact one of our Adult Leaders, or check our FAQ Page.
Meetings - We meet 7:15 - 9:00 p.m. every Thursday that school is in session, at St. Peter's Episcopal Church, 109 Sand Hill Road, South Windsor *** See notes below for temporary meeting location ***
- Welcome back to another great year of scouting with Troop 62!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE #1 - Troop Meeting Place. The remaining December (12/3, 12/10, 12/17) meetings will be held at St. Margaret Mary's. There is no meeting on Dec 24th (Happy Holidays). We will inform you as to the meeting place in January soon.
- December 3 - Troop Meeting - 7:15-9:00 pm - St. Margaret Mary's
- December 5 - Kimberly Hall North visit - 1:10 pm - 3:30 pm - Meet at Geissler's *** Need adults to help drive
- December 6 - Popcorn Pickup - 1-4 pm - Smith house, 20 High Tower Rd, South Windsor
- December 10 - Troop Meeting - 7:15-9:00 pm - St. Margaret Mary's
- December 12 - Wreaths Across America - Time and location TBD
- December 17 - Troop Meeting - 7:15-9:00 pm - St. Margaret Mary's
- December 19 - Pancake Fundraiser - 8-10 am - Sourh Windsor Fire Dept #1, 1175 Ellington Rd
- December 27-29 - December ski trip to Pats Peak - Leave Geissler's 12/27 6pm, Return 12/29 8pm
- January 7 - Troop Meeting - 7:15-9:00 pm - St. Margaret Mary's
- January 9 - Troop 62 Bowling Outing - 7-9 pm - Spare Time Lane in Vernon
- Kimberly Hall Visit December 5 - Annual Kimberly Hall North Visit will be on Saturday, Dec 5th, meeting at Geisslers parking lot for 1:10 pm and returning between 3:15 and 3:30 pm. Class A uniforms with Neckerchief. The boys will be decorating the Gingerbread men and getting their program organized Dec 3rd meeting. This activity counts as Community Service and we usually have a very good showing of scouts. The residents look forward to this every year. Please see the enclosed flyer. Parents/Leaders, we will need assist with driving to Windsor, please stick around at drop off to make sure we have enough Drivers.
- Popcorn Pick Up December 6 - Popcorn orders will be available to pick up on Sunday, Dec 6th from 1pm-4pm at the Smith House(this is a change in location), 20 High Tower Rd. It may also be picked up on Saturday Dec 5th after the KHN visit per request. All orders need to be picked up by 4pm on Sunday, if you need to make alternate arrangements, please call Debbie Smith 860-978-6064 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The last day for payment is Thursday December 10th
- Pancake Fundraiser - Boy Scout Troop 62 Invites you to a Pancake Fundraiser Breakfast on Saturday 12/19/15 8:00 -10:00 a.m at the Fire Station at 1175 Ellington Road. 100% of the proceeds will be used to assist local families in need. Please see the flyer and the instructions for additional details.
- On Thursday, 11/19, tickets were distributed to all scouts, to sell for the breakfast, as well as instructions. If you weren't at the meeting, Diane Wicks has your ticket packet and you can get it at the next meeting on 12/3, or arrange to pick it up from Diane. The scouts participation at the event is extremely important and is what will make it a success. Also, if you can post a flyer anywhere, please let Diane know. If you have any questions, email Diane at email@example.com. Thank you.
- December Campout - 12/27-12/29 - Come join us for a ski trip to New Hampshire at Pats Peak ski resort. We will be staying in the ski lodge at the mountain and skiing / riding Monday and Tuesday. This is a great place to learn, so first time skiers / riders are encouraged to come. Scouts should bring a bed roll or cot and a sleeping bag along with any personal gear they need for skiing or snowboarding. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Reservations are due Thursday, December 10. Please submit the registration and the Emergency Release Form with your payment.
- January Troop Outing - Troop 62 will have a fun-filled evening of bowling at Spare Time Lanes in Vernon. Please see the flyer for details.
Next PLC: Wednesday, December 2 at 7pm - Wylie House
Next Trip: 12/27-12/29 - December Ski Trip to Pats Peak in Henniker, NH